Sunday, December 27, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Today I am grateful for so many things, especially my family, the fact that we're all healthy, that we're safe and that we are together. I wish you all a happy, delicious Thanksgiving!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Friday, August 14, 2009
My friend is generous enough to let me borrow some wifi, so here I am with my laptop. Of course all my photos are on my desktop, which I can't exactly break down and reassemble at my friend's house. (Although she's such a great friend she probably wouldn't mind.) So, unfortunately, today's post has no photo. I don't like it. It looks like I forget something. And yes, I could transfer a photo or two onto a thumb drive and then upload it to my laptop, but I don't have that much time today. I'm not a lady of leisure, you know. Oh, but I would love to be, yes I would.
If I was a lady of leisure my days would be filled with photo safaris, cooking all those meals I never have time for, and stopping to smell as many roses as I could.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Monday, August 3, 2009
Things I am loving right now:
- My new Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave keyboard and mouse combo. I love keyboards. I do a lot of writing, so the feel and sound of the keys is something I fixate on. This just in: I might be a nerd.
- Chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars. That is a cheesecake sandwiched between chocolate chip cookies. Yes, it is as decadent as it sounds. No, I will not share.
- Norse mythology. What, might you ask, sparked an interest in such an arcane topic? The movie Max Payne. That's right, a movie based on a video game about vengeance made me want to learn more about Valkyries and Ragnarok and Valhalla. My interest in culture and history is not limited to my own. Please, see above where I mention I am a nerd.
What are you loving right now?
Saturday, August 1, 2009
In the past I have not posted my attempts to work with textures on my photos. I only wanted to put what I thought was my best work up here. And if I wasn't quite sure about something, it did not get posted. It didn't matter that someone else's eyes might see something I didn't. Or that, though it's not my style, someone else might like it.
But in this new age, where I post more frequently and write about things more personal, I am showcasing photos I'm not quite sure about. Because I think the attempt is as worthy as the final product. It says something about courage and hope.
Or maybe I'm just a little sentimental today. What do you think?
Friday, July 31, 2009
I have written previously about how my inspiration for this blog comes in fits and starts. I'll post regularly for a while, then not for weeks. I had a thousand excuses why this is, but no good reasons to change. Until now.
I was reading the blog of a jewelry designer in Scotland, Abigail A. Percy, who makes gorgeous gold and silver jewelry. I can't afford her work, but I enjoy reading about it. In her most recent post she writes about how she lost track of updating her blog and when it was brought to her attention, she realized that posting gave her a daily sense of accomplishment. This, in turn, helped her to feel more organized and less chaotic, even if a blog post was all she got around to on a given day.
This hit me like a cool, bracing wind, energizing and inspiring me. Often times I feel as though I get nothing worthwhile completed in a day's time, but I always love the feeling of posting to my blog. As many smart people have said, I was "allowing the urgent to crowd out the important".
So, as the title of this post suggests, I am returning to blogging with a new understanding of what has motivated me all along. In today's hectic, harried, stressful world, a sense of accomplishment, no matter how minor, is no small thing at all.
Friday, July 24, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Sharon at Mana Moon has given me another award. (Now I'm blushing, y'all.) She's just too sweet, she really is. So here goes! 7 Facts About Me:
1. I am a sixth generation Floridian. I have lived my whole life here. In July I wonder why (when it's 96 degrees and the sun is like a blow torch) and then in January I remember (72 degrees, breezy and gorgeous).
2. I love history, especially American History from 1740 through 1870. I have studied it since I was a kid. Should have gone to college and gotten a PhD. I might still be broke, but at least I'd be doing something I love.
3. Writing and photography are my two passions. No matter how bad my day has been, if I can spend even a little time writing or taking/editing photos, I am a happy camper.
4. I believe in ghosts. I've never encountered one myself, but I've believe they exist.
5. I love puppies. Some day I will own a home in the country, with acreage, and several Labs and Huskies running all over the place.
6. I have a database-like brain when it comes to movies and television. I can recall actors, movies, dates, plot lines, you name it. I used to work at Blockbuster and people would come in asking about "that guy in the movie about the thing" and everyone would ask me what movie they wanted. And I usually knew.
7. I love handwriting. I change mine depending on my mood and my patience level.
And now I tag:
Ink on my Fingers
Crazy Aunt Purl
Mana Moon (even though I know she already did it, I just think she deserves another award!)
Saturday, July 4, 2009
I always wanted to be one of those bloggers who posted every day or two. I mean, I love clicking on my favorite sites and having something new to see or read.
But I just can't seem to do that. I'll go for a week or two with consistent posts, then life will get in the way. I won't have time, or inspiration, for several weeks, as you can plainly see.
I won't give up on the goal of being a regular poster. But I think I have to admit that, at least right now, it might not happen.
And I think I'm okay with that. I mean, life is crazy enough right now, for all of us. Putting unrealistic expectations on ourselves, especially on things that are supposed to be fun, is ridiculous.
So, here's to irregular posts - I'm aiming for quality over quantity.