Friday, June 5, 2009
Susannah at Ink On My Fingers put up a neat post answering five questions, then offered to give anyone who wanted them five questions of their own. Me please! I love answering questions. Here goes:
1. If you had to be stuck in an elevator with someone, who would you choose? Sir Winston Churchill. Hands down the greatest leader in human history. He stared Hitler in the face and said, "Not on my watch." In school I wrote papers on him every chance I got. I would ask him a thousand questions and beg for a thousand stories.
2. You have been gifted with one hour with a lost loved one - who do you spend your hour with? My paternal grandfather. He died the year I was born, so I never knew him, but my father tells great stories of him. One hour would not be enough time, but I'd take what I could get.
3. Do you have a signature scent? No, I crave variety far too much to stick with just one. Right now I am loving Island Micheal Kors Hawaii by Micheal Kors and Stella by Stella McCartney. I love a great fragrance, but it is essential to be subtle. One spritz is all it takes. The mornings I am in a rush and forget to put on scent, I notice a difference in my attitude. I'm not quite as happy as the days when I wear it.
4. London, Paris or Rome? Oh that's easy. I am a huge anglophile and my big dream is to one day live in London. I don't actually have a plan for that yet, just the dream. The dream is the worthier part, though, or so I believe.
5. What are you most proud of? My family. They are quite simply the best people I know, and that is no small thing. They always do what is right, even if it's not what is easy. They learn from their mistakes and laugh as much as they can. I am constantly amazed by how damn cool my family is. And I never forget how lucky I am to come from them.