Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Susannah at Ink On My Fingers recently posted an exercise about favorite words. Then she assigned those interested with a letter and instructed us to list our favorite words starting with that letter. Here's what I came up with.
- Contradiction: I like it best when pronounced with a Spanish accent. Watch this trailer for Vicky Christina Barcelona and you'll know what I mean. It probably doesn't hurt that it's Javier Bardem saying it.
- Chrysalis: such a gorgeous sounding word - the sharp C with the double S's - I could say it for no reason at all, just to hear it.
- Create: one of the most important words I know; the heart of every day, to create something, anything.
- Coast: my favorite place in the world to be, by the water.
- Constellation: I always love looking up at the stars.