Mom's Orchid - Nikon D40 with 55 mm lens
Oscar mania! Here are my 5 favorite moments from Sunday's Oscars. And yes, I stayed up to watch the WHOLE thing. I probably should have just DVR'd it and zipped through the entire telecast in an hour.
1. Sandra Bullock: It's about damn time! I have long been a fan of Sandra, especially her dramatic roles. Her acceptance speech was perfection: gracious, funny and quick.
2. Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin: Come on, they were funny. If we can't have Billy Crystal, these two are the next best thing.
3. Neil Patrick Harris: The magic of NPH is his subtle facial expressions and he used them beautifully in that opening number.
4. Kathryn Bigelow: Twice, in two different speeches, she made a point of thanking the troops. She's awesome forever in my book.
5. Meryl Streep: Classy, cool and gorgeous. Elegance in the face of many jokes. And God love her, not an ounce of Botox anywhere. That is how women should age. I'm lookin' at you, Nicole Kidman.
So who watched, and what did you think?